Thursday, October 15, 2009

Scan-ziety

Julia's next MRI is on Saturday. It's all I can think about. We're trying this one unsedated. It will be her first without anesthesia. She gets so, so sick from anesthesia I'm really hoping she can do it. We've been practicing laying still- strange right? Then I say loud "BEEEEPPPP" . We also told her she can eat before and choose anything she wants at Toys R Us after. Julia is so excited about Toys R Us. I think I should get a present too- like a Tory Burch bag- but Anthony disagrees. He says it's part of my parenting job! I was going to remind him that there aren't many parents that see, hear, and have to go through what we have too, but I stopped. Anthony can hardly talk about NF without getting teary. I hate the sadness that goes with living this way. I hate the nervous questions AJ asks me. I get tired of trying to always be upbeat and I feel like my answer "Everything will be ok." is a lie my children can see right through.
I'm also so worried about her brain. I just want her to be fine. I want that brain area that's acting like a tumor to disappear. I want the results to be fine so bad it makes my heart hurt and my brain churn all night. I can't even imagine the future. There are so many days when I feel like I can think of nothing else but time and how quickly it passes. There is a strength you feel when you know your living with a progressive disorder- you value all the time you have like it's a treasure. It's very difficult to think ahead. We really live day by day. It's just too painfull to think about our very unknown future. 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your little "Lady Bug's" MRI. Our Evan (16mths) is young yet and to date has no neurofibromas but does have cysts on his brain. I worry constantly about his future. It's hard not to think about it especially when you see the cafe au laits.I'll be thinking of you.
    Krystena Richards
    http://www.babypeas.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very similiar. I will spend Saturday praying that Julia does well and that everything goes well! I think you deserve a present too. :) I usually take myself out for a McDonald's coke...or a soft pretzel after stressful days! We are so grateful that we have found you and others to connect with as we are moving forward with nf.
    Andrea, Jason, and Abigail Mann

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are in my thought and prayers ALWAYS. I will especially be thinking of you on Saturday and will send lots of positive energy and strength to your lady bug so that all goes well. Positive thinking and good vibes is all I can recommend, and the love your family feels for one another is the best weapon you have.

    Keep me posted. Hugs and kisses to all,
    Cynthia

    PS: I want to know what toy Julia picks at ToysRUs :)

    ReplyDelete